jeudi 3 juillet 2014

Technology is a passion-killer

Source : Google Images

Last night, I was in bed with the boyfriend (let's call him Mr. T from now on) and once again, I found myself very annoyed by the fact he was on his iPad, ignoring me completely.

Everyday, he comes back from work and goes straight to either his iPad, checking all the updates on social networks and then spend hours on eBay. In all fairness, he does have a bit of an addiction for eBay but jeeeez, I just wished he could get his eyes off of his tablet for 5 minutes and actually have a conversation with me. When we go to bed, his phone normally takes over the iPad for one last visit on Facebook/Snapchat/eBay/instagram before he goes to sleep, leaving me frustrated.

I have tried many things to get his attention. I explained to him how it made me feel, but still no reaction from his part. I have tried to turn it off while he was using it but he would just get annoyed with me. I have even tried to be a cheeky girl and going to bed under-dressed but still, nothing! So many attempts but yet, nothing has changed.

So I'm starting to think that maybe, it's just a normal thing nowadays. Maybe, technology has invaded every couples' relationship, ruining any hope of intimacy and complicity. Mr. T and I used to be so passionate about each other, especially him but then time flies and it seems to fade and be replaced by stuff like that. Well, that's rubbish! I don't like. I liked it a lot more when he used to drop everything just to cuddle for a little while. Sadly now, it's like it doesn't matter anymore.

Having said all that, I do feel grateful for one thing. He's not too bothered about video games and football. THANK GOD FOR THAT! This might be one of the things that I genuinely feel so thankful for because if it were one of his hobbies, then I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any chance of communicating with him at all.

What about you girls? Do you feel like technology has taken over the passion in your relationship as well? What do you do about it? Any tips will be gladly taken...

5 commentaires:

  1. I totally agree with you that technology has taken over the passion in relationships. I'm guilty of being on the laptop a lot but I turn it off to spend time with my partner but he's always watching films with his ear phones plugged in on his own laptop, so annoying!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Technology AND social media has definitely taken over all forms of relationships, don't get me wrong, I think it's a great thing but we need to learn when to switch off from it and live a 'normal' life! xx

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. if I had a boyfriend I would probably be sayin the same thing, or chucking all his technology into a locked cupboard lol

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I agree we both spend too much time on laptops or phones.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. We really spend lots of time in front of our computers, but we agreed and pay attention to regularly have quality time together. It can be a conversation, board games etc. It's getting more difficult as there is so much information around the world.

    RépondreSupprimer