vendredi 25 juillet 2014

Recipe : Quiche Lorraine

If you have been reading my blog, then you would know that I am from France. However, I've never really mentioned where from. My region is called Lorraine, you may have heard about Alsace-Lorraine before, well that's pretty much it. 

My place is located in East of France, 2h away from the German border. If I can, I will try to show you a few things from my place but for now, I thought I would share a few recipes of traditional and local food. There are so many though and I wasn't sure where to start but I've finally opted for a Quiche Lorraine, which is something you probably know already. 
I thought it would be interesting to show you how easy it is to cook and maybe this will inspire you to try it at home.

QUICHE LORRAINE


Ingredients
  • Shortcrust pastry
  • 200g of bacon
  • 50g of grated Cheddar
  • 150mL of crème fraiche
  • 200mL of single cream
  • 3 eggs
  • Salt and Pepper

Instructions :
Pre-heat your oven to 190°C
Roll out the shortcrust pastry and place it on a fluted flan tin covered with baking paper.

For your filling, start by cutting the bacon in small pieces and cook it in a frying pan until they are golden and slightly crispy. 
Scatter the bacon and half of the cheese over the bottom of the pastry case.

Mix the creme fraiche and the single cream together with a fork. Beat the eggs and add them to cream mix. Add some salt and pepper, the rest of the cheese and pour in your pastry case.

Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, the top of your quiche has to be slightly golden. 
Let it cool down for a few minutes. 

You can serve it hot or cold, it will be delicious either way! I served mine cold with some salad on the side. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire